IR Sensor module consists of superb adaptive capability of the ambient light, using a pair of infrared transmitter and the receiver tube, the infrared emitting tube emits a certain frequency, encounters an obstacle detection (reflecting surface), infrared reflected back again to the receiver tube receiving, immediately after a comparator circuit processing, the green LED lights up, while the signal output will output digital signal (a low-level signal), through the potentiometer knob to modify the detection distance, the effective distance range 2 to 10 cm and the working voltage of 3.3V – 5V. The detection range of the sensor can be modified by the potentiometer, with little interference, very simple to assemble, easy to use features, can be extensively utilised robot obstacle avoidance, obstacle avoidance vehicle assembly line count and black-and-white line tracking and many other circumstances.
- The IR module detects a distance of 2 to 10 cm, detection angle is 35 °, the detection distance can be adjust by adjusting the potentiometer. By adjusting the potentiometer to clockwise increases the detection distance, while the counterclockwise adjustment of potentiometer decreases the detection distance.
- Whenever the module detects an obstacles in front of the indicator, the circuit board green indicator lights up, although the OUT port continuous output low-level indicators.
- The IR sensor works on active infrared reflection. The Black IR is to detect the minimum detection range, while the White IR detects the maximum range of the obstacle.
- The sensor module output port OUT can be connected directly with the microcontroller IO port and can also be powered directly to a 5V relay; Connection: VCC-VCC; GND-GND; OUT-IO.
- The comparator utilizing LM393.
- 3-5V DC electric power supply module can be used. Whenever the electric power is turned on, the red power LED is lit.
- Each IR Sensor module has threshold comparator voltage adjustable through potentiometer in exclusive situations.
- Easy to install and fit.
- GND external GND
- OUT board digital output interface (0 and 1)
- VCC external 3.3V – 5V voltage (it can be connected directly with the a 5v microcontroller and 3.3v microcontroller)
- IR object detection
- IR object obstacle detection
- IR movement detection
- IR interference detection
1 Nos. – IR Sensor module
* Product Images shown here are for reference and illustrative purpose only and it could possibly differ from the real product.